|James Robertson | profile | all galleries >> Long Island >> Mill Neck Manor||tree view | thumbnails | slideshow | map|
Known originally as Sefton Manor, the house was built in 1923 for Lillian Sefton Dodge, president of cosmetics giant, Harriet Hubbard Ayer Co. (later purchased by Lever Brothers).
In 1947 the house and 86 acres were purchased for only $216,000 by the Lutheran Friends of the Deaf. The manor house served as a school for the deaf until that duty was moved to new structures built on the property.
|comment | share|
|Lisa E. Haft-Robison||16-Feb-2015 07:45|