Jesus, You are saddened by my sins; give me true sorrow.
1) When Jesus and His disciples reached the Mount of Olives, He said to them, "pray not to be put to the test."
2) Sadness came over Him and great distress. Taking Peter, James and John aside He said to them, "my soul is sorrowfull to the point of death."
3) Going on a little further He fell on His face and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass me by. Nevertheless, let it be as you, not I, would have it."
4) An angel appeared to Him, coming from heaven to give Him strength.
5) In His anguish He prayed even more earnestly and His sweat fell to the ground like great drops of blood.
6) Coming back to the disciples He found them sleeping. To Peter, Jesus said, "so you had no strength to keep awake with me one hour?"
7) "You should be awake and praying not to be put to the test. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."
8) A second time Jesus prayed, "My Father, if this cup cannot pass by without my drinking it, your will be done."
9) A second, and again a third time, Jesus returned after praying to find His disciples asleep.
10) We had all gone astray like sheep, each taking his own way, and Yahweh burdened Him with the sins of all of us.