Jesus, you are whipped by the soldiers; help me to be pure.
1) The high priest said to Jesus, "I put you on oath by the living God to tell us if you are the Christ, the son of God."
2) "The words are your own," answered Jesus, "moreover, from this time onward you will see the son of man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming on the clouds of heaven."
3) "He has blasphemed." The sanhedrin answered, "He deserves to die." They then spat on Him, hit Him with their fists while He was blindfolded, and ridiculed Him.
4) The Sanhedrin handed Jesus over to Pilate. Pilate questioned Him, "are you the king of the Jews?"
5) Jesus replied, "mine is not a kingdom of this world, but yes, I am a king. I came into the world to bear witness to the truth."
6) "Truth!" said Pilate, "what is that?" And with that he went out again to the Jews and said, "I find no case against Him."
7) "He has done nothing that deserves death, so I shall have Him flogged and then let Him go."
8) Despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows and familiar with suffering.
9) Harshly dealt with, He bore it humbly, He never opened His mouth, like a lamb that is led to the slaughter-house.
10) Yet ours were the suffering He bore, He was pierced through for our faults, crushed for our sins. Through His wounds we are healed.