Jesus, you offer up your body and blood; nourish my soul.
1) The day of Unleavened Bread came, the day the Passover had to be sacrificed, so Jesus sent Peter and John to make preparations in the city.
2) Jesus instructs them to follow a man they will meet carrying a pitcher of water, and to tell the owner of the house he enters: “My time is near. It is at your house that I am keeping Passover with my disciples.”
3) In the evening He took his place at table with the disciples. He said to them, “I have longed to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.”
4) Now as they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and when He had said the blessing he broke it and gave it to the disciples. “Take it and eat;” he said “this is my body which will be given for you; do this as a memorial of me.”
5) Then he took a cup, and when He had returned thanks He gave it to them. “Drink all of you from this,” he said “for this is my blood.”
6) The blood of the new covenant, which is to be poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
7) “And yet, here with me on the table is the hand of the man who betrays me.”
8) After the meal, Jesus got up from the table, took off His outer garment, wrapped a towel round His waist and washed the disciples’ feet. After He said, “if I, the Lord and Master have washed your feet, you should wash each other’s feet.”
9) I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never be hungry; he who believes in me will never thirst. The bread that I shall give is my flesh, for the life of the world.
10) Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me and I live in them. They will have eternal life, and I shall raise them up on the last day.