Jesus, you are given a crown of thorns; give me true courage.
1) After Jesus had been scourged, the whole cohort gathered, and they twisted some thorns into a crown and put it on His head, and dressed Him in a purple robe.
2) They kept coming up to Him and saying, "hail, king of the Jews," and they spat on Him, and slapped Him in the face.
3) Pilate heard that Jesus claimed to be the son of God, and then his wife's warning message. At that he was anxious to set Him free.
4) So Pilate brought Jesus out, wearing the crown of thorns and purple robe and said, "here is the man."
5) When they saw Him the chief priests and guards shouted, "crucify Him, crucify Him."
6) "Why?" Pilate asked. "What harm has He done?" But they shouted even louder, "let Him be crucified."
7) "Do you want me to crucify your king?" said Pilate. The chief priests answered, "we have no king except Caesar."
8) So he took some water, washed his hands in front of the crowd and said, "I am innocent of this man's blood."
9) And all the people shouted back, "His blood be on us and on our children."
10) Pilate then released Barrabas and handed Jesus over to be crucified.