Jesus, for a moment you reveal your divine glory; help me to listen to you.
1) "I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God."
2) About a week later he took Peter and John and James and went up a high mountain to be alone and to pray.
3) As he prayed, the aspect of his face was changed and shone like the sun, and his clothing became brilliant as lighting.
4) Suddenly there were two men there talking to him; they were Moses and Elijah appearing in glory, and they were speaking of his passing which he was to accomplish in Jerusalem.
5) Peter and his companions were heavy with sleep, but they kept awake and saw his glory and the two men standing with him.
6) As these were leaving him, Peter said to Jesus, "Master, it is wonderful for us to be here…"
7) As he spoke, a bright cloud came and covered them with shadow, and from the cloud there came a voice which said, "This is my Son, the Beloved; he enjoys my favour. Listen to him."
8) When they heard this, the disciples fell on their faces, overcome with fear.
9) But Jesus came up and touched them. "Stand up," he said "do not be afraid." And when they raised their eyes they saw no one but only Jesus.
10) As they came down from the mountain Jesus gave them this order, "Tell no one about the vision until the Son of Man has risen from the dead."