Jesus you preach the coming of Godís Kingdom; forgive my sins.
1. After John had been arrested, Jesus went to Galilee where He proclaimed the Good News from God. 'The time has come' He said 'and the kingdom of God is close at hand. Repent, and believe the Good News.'
2. He was preaching the word when some people brought a paralytic. Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof and lowered the man on his mat.
3. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralytic, 'My child, your sins are forgiven'. Some teachers of the law sitting there thought to themselves, 'He is blaspheming. Who can forgive sins but God?'
4. Jesus was aware of their thoughts. 'Which is easier: to say to the paralytic "Your sins are forgiven" or to say, "Get up, pick up your stretcher and walk"?
5. But to prove to you that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins,' - He said to the paralytic - 'I tell you, get up, pick up your mat, and go home.' And the man did so, to the astonishment of all.
6. In the beginning was the Word; the Word was with God and the Word was God. Through Him all things came to be. All that came to be had life in Him.
7. The Word was the true light that enlightens all people. A light that shines in the dark, a light that darkness could not overpower.
8. The Word was made flesh, He lived among us, and we saw His glory, the glory that is His as the only Son of the Father.
9. He was in the world that had its being through Him, and the world did not know Him. His own people did not accept Him. But to all who did accept Him He gave the power to become children of God.
10. Grace and truth have come through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God; it is the only Son, who is nearest to the Father's heart, who has made Him known.