The Eleventh Corps first design insignia was approved
by the Secretary of War on June 28th, 1922, after the Corps
was constitued in July of 1921 and allocated to the Organized
Reserves on the Inactive List. The insignia was not worn during
WW II as the Corps Commander requested that a different design
be adopted. The design of the shoulder patch is based on that
of the "Bunker Hill Flag" which had its origin as early as 1747
and was suggestive of the area where the Corps was assigned.