Jesus, you are born in a stable; help me to value grace above money.
1) Joseph, being a man of honour and compassion, decided to divorce Mary informally. Then the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream.
2) The angel explained Mary would give birth to a son, to be named Jesus, since He is the one who is to save His people from their sins.
3) Now while Mary and Joseph were in Bethlehem, the time came for her to have her child, and she gave birth to a son.
4) She wrapped Him in swaddling clothes and laid Him in a cold manger because there was no room for them at the inn.
5) The angel of the Lord appeared to shepherds who lived in the fields watching their flocks by night. The glory of the Lord shone round them and they were terrified.
6) The angel said, "do not be afraid. Listen, I bring you news of great joy, a joy to be shared by the whole world. Today in the town of David, a saviour has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord."
7) Suddenly a great throng of the heavenly host praised God singing, "Glory to God in the highest heaven, and peace to men who enjoy His favour."
8) The shepherds hurried off to Bethlehem to see and adore the child. Everyone was astonished at what the shepherds had to say.
9) They went back glorifying and praising God. As for Mary, she treasured all these things and pondered them in her heart.
10 Our Lord Jesus Christ made Himself poor though He was rich so that you might become rich by His poverty.