Jesus, you are offered to God in the temple; help me to be obedient.
1) Wise men came to Jerusalem from the east looking for the infant king of the Jews. The great Sanhedrin direct them to Bethlehem.
2) Setting out, there in front of them was the star they had seen rising in the east, and they were overjoyed at the sight.
3) Going into the house, they saw the child with His mother Mary. Falling to their knees they offered Him homage and gifts of gold, frankencense and myrrh.
4) Oberving the law of Moses, Mary and Joseph took Jesus up to Jerusalem to present Him to the Lord (Mary the most pure is purified, while Jesus is redeemed by sacrifice).
5) Prompted by the spirit, Simeon came to the temple and took the child Jesus in his arms and blessed God.
6) "Now Master, you can let your servant go in peace just as you promised, because my eyes have seen the salvation which you have prepared for all the nations to see."
7) "A light to enlighten the pagans and the glory of your people Israel."
8) The mother and father were amazed by this, but Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, "This child is chosen by God for the destruction and salvation of many in Israel."
9) "He is destined to be a sign that is rejected - and a sword of sorrow will pierce your own soul too - so that the secret thoughts of many may be revealed."
10) Anna the prophetess, who worshipped God day and night in the temple with fasting and prayer, also spoke about the child to all who were waiting for God to set Jerusalem free.