|John Barreiro | profile | all galleries >> The Czech Republic plus Bratislava & Budapest >> Bratislava, Slovakia >> The Blue Church - Bratislava, Slovakia||tree view | thumbnails | slideshow|
Commonly known as the Blue Church, the Church of Saint Elizabeth was built between 1909 and 1913. It was one of the last works of the prominent Hungarian architect Ödön Lechner (1845–1914).
The church is among a number of Art Nouveau buildings found in an area of Bratislava east of the old town. Across from the Blue Church is a gymnázium (secondary school) also designed by Lechner.