The Veresk Bridge ( Varisk ) in Iran was constructed during the reign of king Reza Shah,1930’s. It is located in Veresk, district of Savad Kooh county, in Mazandaran province.
During World War II after occupation of Iran, it was known as the Pol-e-Piroozi, or the Bridge of Victory because of the major role it played for the Allies, supplying vital requirements to the former Soviet Unions. The bridge is at an elevation of 110 m, its arch measures 66 m in length. The bridge is one of the masterpieces of the Danish engineering firm Kampsax, designed by an Austrian engineer called Walter Inger, who wanted to be buried at Veresk area after his death and is now buried in there.
The bridge serves the Trans-Iranian Railway network in northern Iran.