These were made from a "copy" of a recipe closely matching those served in a famous country singer's restaurant chain. They are truly delicious! The inclusion of flour makes them much less grainy and crumbly!
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp baking powder (1 tsp would probably be better)
1/2 cup milk (probably more because batter was very thick)
3/4 cup frozen yellow corn (I rinsed it to defrost it)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cream together butter, sugar, honey, eggs, and salt in a large bowl
3. Add flour, cornmeal, and baking powder and blend thoroughly. Add milk while mixing.
4. Add corn to mixture and combine by hand (I used a "spoonula") until corn is worked in.
5. Spread batter amongst a 12-cup muffin tin (not the large size muffin cups)
6. Bake 20-25 minutes until top is somewhat browned. (Mine baked for about 17 minutes.)