Here's the recipe for 4 servings
* 2 (8 ounce) packages angel hair pasta ) Actually one package is enough for 4 servings.
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/2 onion, chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 cups roma (plum) tomatoes, diced (I used the food processor)
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I used Nakano Balsamic Blend Seasoned Rice Vinegar)
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth (regular canned broth is fine)
* crushed red pepper to taste
* freshly ground black pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (also added chopped fresh Italian Parsley)
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. Pour olive oil in a large deep skillet over high-heat. Saute onions and garlic until lightly browned. Reduce heat to medium-high and add tomatoes, vinegar and chicken broth; simmer for about 8 minutes.
3. Stir in red pepper, black pepper, basil and cooked pasta, tossing thoroughly with sauce. Simmer for about 5 more minutes and serve topped with grated cheese.