Monastery of Makryalexis is located at the Mountain of Mourgana in Epirus. It is a Byzantine Greek Orthodox Monastery build in 1068 AD by a very rich monk called Makryalexis (Long Alexis).
The monastery was burned in the 16th century and build again and it was a very rich and privilleged monastery.
The last monk left the monastery in the late 1950s and since then everything was left on its own luck. The treasures of the monastery were looted and only two icons with great historical value are now kept at the Byzantine Museum of Ioannina, Epirus.
All frescos of the monastery are almost destroyed by the time as well as by the humidity of the mountain.