"The digging began on May 31, 1927. On July 24, when the cornerstone laying ceremonies were held, the basement and the first storey were nearly complete. His Excellency, the Bishop, laid the cornerstone. All the priests of the colony as well as a large crowd of people from the whole territory were present at the ceremony."
"By December 28, the new convent was nearly ready for the Sisters to move in. The first Mass was celebrated in the Convent chapel the next day. A few days later, after the Christmas holidays, 56 children arrived to take up residence in the magnificent building."
All the information above is taken from "St. Joseph's Colony 1905-1930" A Translation by Lambert and Tillie Schneider.