Clérigos church tower was the tallest structure in Portugal when completed in 1763 ,
and as the main feature of the city's skyline,
ships used it as a guide when coming into Cais da Ribeira.
It's a remarkable baroque landmark designed by the Italian architect Nasoni,
who also designed the adjoining church.
It has become a popular tourist attraction for the aerial view of the city from the top.