The half open hall, on the east side of the Seyitgazi Complex; the arches on the right side open into the lower courtyard. The hall functioned as a meeting place for the Bektaşi Brotherhood. The doors on the left belong to residence rooms for the dervishes, which are built on top of a long corridor climbing from the northeastern entrance towards the southeastern part of the complex, where the Türbe (mausoleum) of Seyit Battal Gazi lies.
In the background: the grave of the 13th century Çoban Baba (beneath the metal construction in the shape of a pyramidal roof); Çoban Baba (his real name was Kutluca) is the man who traced the old grave of Seyit Battal, so that his remains could be reburied in a new mausoleum. This happened around 1208 (under Seljuk rule).
The Çoban Baba grave was probably rebuilt or re-shaped by the Ottomans around 1500.
Correspondent: J.M.Criel, Antwerpen.
Sources: ‘SEYİTGAZİ KÜLLİYESİ’ - Doç. Dr. Canan PARLA (Anadolu Üniversitesi)
& Personal visits (1995 – 1996).