View from Long House Ruin.
The orchard and irriagtion system (out of view) were put in by Judge Abbot of Santa Fe in the early 1900's.
Mr. Abbot settled in the canyon and developed a small farm and summer resort.
In 1925, Mr. and Mrs. George Fry came, and developed the Old Frijoles Canyon Lodge.
The road into the canyon was built by the CCC in 1934.
Prior to this visitors either hiked in or came on horseback.