Many years ago this was the second of three gates and had a drawbridge and moat.
Now it is the Outer Gatehouse and is attached to a Service Building.
All date to about 1500, and were built with locally found field stones.
(Note from this inner view the Service Building is Half Timbered, whereas the other side (see third image) it has stone walls.)
(For an explanation, please see main gallery page)
All images © 2004-2017 by Walter Otto Koenig, Images may not be copied, downloaded, or linked. All rights reserved.