|SPCRR Photogallery | profile | all galleries >> Our Collection >> Combines & Cabooses >> Northwestern Pacific 5591||tree view | thumbnails | slideshow|
It was restored by the Bethlehem ship-yard in SF in 1969 for display in Samuel Taylor State Park.
The NWP/ICC records say this car was built by North Shore in 1904, but a NS "Requisition for Construction and Repair" show the car as having been repaired and repainted in May 1906 for $115.00. Additionally the ledger for the requisitions show no other work on this caboose, proving the car was on hand when the railroad was formed. (Text paraphrased from Northwestern Pacific Narrow Gauge Cabooses, an article by Randy Hees.)