The pedestrian bridge and spires are copies of the original bridge on Commerce St.
in downtown San Antonio.
Built in 1880, the bridge came to be called the O. Henry bridge after the author
used it in some of his stories. In 1914, it was moved from downtown to Johnson Street
in the King William district. The bridge was dismantled in the 1960s for river redevelopment.
In 1983, this replica bridge was placed at the same location on Johnson Street.