photo sharing and upload picture albums photo forums search pictures popular photos photography help login
Michael Clay Smith | all galleries >> Texas County Courthouses > Shackelford County
previous | next
Shackelford County
12-23-07

Shackelford County

Albany

Built 1883-84 from plans by J. E. Flanders of Dallas, architect for several other 1880s Texas courthouses. Edgar Rye of Albany was construction superintendent. Kilted Scottish Masons erected the walls of stone quarried a few miles southwest of town. The foundations rest two feet deep on "natural concrete" (caliche). Budgeted at $27,000.00; final cost was $49,433.75. Clock tower was added at public's request. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1962


other sizes: small medium original
comment | share
joseantonio11-Jul-2013 18:44
Looks amazing against that blue sky.V.