The common room at Adirondak Loj (not typos, a prior owner was an advocate of a simplified spelling system). The, uh, loj was built in 1927. Since 1962 it and the square mile of property surrounding it have been owned by the Adirondack Mountain Club. The dining room is through the double doors to the left of the fireplace. The door handle at the extreme left is on the door leading to the rooms. We've been coming here for a week of cross-country skiing and snowshoeing with friends and family every winter since 1987.