St Nikolaj's (Nikolajevska) Church
The church is located at the old historical center of Zemun beneath the mediaeval Gardoš fortress. It was built in 1725-1731 in baroque style, as a single-naved building with a two-storied bell-tower. It has all the characteristics of baroque temples built in Srem in the XVIII century. The interior is decorated with a richly carved iconostasis, bearing icons painted in 1762 by Dimitrije Bačević, one of the most famous Serbian painters of the second half of XVIII century. The church has one of the most valuable collections of old cultic objects, as well as a collection of XVIII and XIX-century icons. The relics of Saint Apostle Andrew, the First-called, are kept in this church.