I've been messing around with multiple exposures and blending modes. I set out with the intention to do some multiple overlapping frames on film with the vintage Agfa Isolette. The DSLR was just along in support. But what promised this morning to be a nice warm sunny day, turned into ice cold winds and the threat of rain. Once metered, focused and set up on the tripod, the procedure for the Isolette was:
wind film part way
rotate tripod head 15° to the right
repeat 4 more times
It seemed easy in practicing in the comfort of the house. But outside in the cold wind, having to use a sticky cable release and the shutter jamming on a couple of occasions, it probably went wrong somewhere. I gave it two goes and have no idea what I've got on the film. So the 5D came out of the bag. Metered to underexpose 2 stops, 5 frames, 15° apart. Click click click click click and run back to the car.
Back home, it all went into PS for some clever channel work, a crafty bit of layer masking, some cunning blend modes, before completing the pic by crudely crushing the lot down into my normal PotD 10x8 format. Hmmm.