During World War II, the Nazis almost completely destroyed the Old Town area of Warsaw, Poland.
Since then, its buildings have been carefully rebuilt, restoring a good deal of its architectural charm.
This skinny, 17th-century home at 20-22 Kanonia Street, which was rebuilt in 1959 to match its original design, is just slightly wider than its front door.
According to Elle Décor, its unusual construction was a strategy for avoiding property taxes.
With a tax system based on the width of a home's front-facing façade and the number of windows it had, this property probably saved its original owners a lot of złoty.