The tower and steeple were constructed from 1753-54.
Eight bells (weighing 9,000 lbs.) were cast at the White Chapel Bell Foundry, London, with the inscription "Thomas Lester and Thomas Pack, fecit 1754."
In 1908 the church steeple was struck by lightning but was immediately repaired. Corrective measures were taken to insure the protection of this historically significant structure.
Check out other Monochrome Maniacs HERE