|Sony Forums Challenges | profile | all galleries >> Accidental Imagery >> edit this gallery||tree view | thumbnails | slideshow|
* I'm not sure yet if "cookies" needs to be enabled on your computer or not; but I'd still probably enable them anyway (this assures that the password, "stfpost", is remembered).
* Click "edit this gallery" above and a complex screen will appear. Use "stfpost" (case sensitive) as the password if prompted to do so first.
* Scroll down to "Upload Photos to this Gallery", then hit the "Browse" button.
* After selecting your photo and seeing the "Browse" box fill in, hit the "Upload Image" button.
* TIP: If uploading seems to be taking way too long to occur, try hitting your refresh button...sometimes, but only if you wait long enough, and then hit the refresh button, things may move along much more quickly.
* Once the image upload completes, the page you're currently on will simply refresh itself and seem like nothing really happened. Don't fret, just click on the link labeled "Display This Gallery" at the top of that page to see your uploaded image displayed as a thumbnail in the gallery. If you click on its thumbnail, you'll see its actual size.
WHILE VIEWING YOUR PHOTO AT ITS ACTUAL SIZE AFTER UPLOADING, EDIT YOUR PHOTO LIKE THIS...
* At the top of the page displaying your actual image, click on the link labeled "edit image".
* The edit page will contain a bunch of parameters and settings options; but you only need to enter the title, caption info if desired, and shot date(if not already listed). The rest of the info boxes can be left "as is", whether containing info or not.
* Due to the formatting of our voting system, please enter the "title" in this format: "Seeing Stars by NancyQ", where "Seeing Stars" is the title and "NancyQ" is your signature (your name or a nickname, like a talk forum handle). If you were already logged into your own PBase account when you started, your signature in automatically entered (whether visible or not)...so you only need to add the title itself, not any signature. "Caption" info is optional and can include any descriptive info about the image you desire. If this photo is destined for the Eligible Gallery, insert the "shot date" in the following format if not already included: "21-DEC-2008".
* Make sure the "This image is publicly viewable" box is checked (it should be by default), then click the "Update Image" button just below that to save your changes.
That's it. Your image information will now be viewable to everyone.
ADDITIONAL INFO ABOUT THIS TEMPORARY FOLDER/GALLERY
* This "tempoary folder gallery" is meant as an alternative to those having problems uploading their photos to the Challenge galleries. This gallery will allow anyone to upload, with or without a PBase account. It will also allow everyone to fully edit their photos while the photos are within this gallery (several of you have brought uploading/editing problems to my attention despite your following the instructions really well for the Challenge galleries...and this is probably due to security measures in our galleries...MFC).
* The Host will periodically check this gallery and transfer your photos to the indicated Challenge gallery. Post your photos here EXACTLY as you want them posted in the Challenge gallery. You may not be able to edit your photo after the photo is transferred from this gallery.
* Please (and this is important) indicate in a single "caption" line which Challenge gallery you want your photo to be transferred to by indicating "ELIGIBLE" OR "EXHIBITION'". This "marker" will let the host know that your photo is in its' final version and is ready to be transferred to the Challenge gallery of your choosing. Photos can not be transferred after the Challenge entry deadline.
* Hope this helps for those with ongoing upload issues...MFC