|Tomasz Dziubinski - Photography | profile | all galleries >> About Tomasz Dziubinski||tree view | thumbnails | slideshow|
Tomasz Dziubinski is a Polish photographer who lives in Warsaw, Poland. Tomasz entered photography as a hobbyist in 1990. After 22 years, it is more then just hobby, it is the greatest passion of his life. Tomasz is also a skilled and creative performer of Fractal Art.
Tomasz educational background includes Master's degree in theoretical mathematics from Lodz University in 1976. He was a senior assistant lecturer at Institute of Computer Science, Lodz Technical University, he was the owner of a small business company, he worked as a management consultant, project manager and senior manager for IMPAC Management Systems, CSC Europe, Digital Equipment, Compaq Computer and ATM S.A..
Currently he works as a senior manager for the Polish listed company operating at Information and Communication Technologies market sector.
Tomasz Dziubinski is a member of:
A portfolio website of Tomasz containing his selected images can be found here: http://tdziubinski.pl
- The Polish Nature Photographers' Union (ZPFP)
- Photographic Society of America (PSA)
- The Royal Photographic Society (RPS)
- London Photographic Association (LPA)
- The International Association of Architectural Photographers (IAAP)
A home website containing some 7000 images (2004 - 2012) can be found here: http://tdziubinski.com
- Tomasz landscape and architectural photographs were displayed in six group exhibitions "The Beauty of Roztocze region" in the following cities: Zamosc, Narol, Lubartow, Lublin, Zwierzyniec and Lutowiska.
- He participated in Semaine de la Photo group exhibition organised by Photo Club Pavillonais, France, 2007
- He participated in group exhibition "The Mysteries of Nature", Stalowa Wola, 2008.
- Tomasz presented his flower's photography at PTTK Gallery, Warsaw, 2008.
- Tomasz macro flower's photography was presented at Central Agricultural Library in Warsaw, 2009.
- Monochronatic Memmories - Landscape exhibition at PTTK Gallery, Warsaw, 2010.
- Retrospective exhibition at Museum of Sport and Tourism, Hala MOSiR, Lodz, 2010. The exhibition covers three different topics: "The Beauty of Flowers", "Monochromatic Memories - Landscape", "The Postcards from Warsaw".
- Retrospective exhibition at the "Korytarz Art gallery", The College of Tourisme and Hotel Management, Lodz, 2011
- Tomasz macro flower's photography and black & white landscapes were presented at "Gallery Przystanek" in Krasnobrod, 2011.
- Tomasz participated in a group exhibition "The Misteries of Nature" at the Centre of Ecological Education "Lasy Janowskie in Janow Lubelski, 2011
- Tomasz participated in a groupexhibition of the winning works of Prix de la Photographie Paris 2012 (Px3) at Espace Dupon Gallery in Paris, July 2012
- Tomasz participated in a group exhibition “Eyes On the World” at the Ponca City Art Center, OK, USA, September 2012
AWARDS & HONOURS
- The Polish Nature Photographers' Union Photographer of the Year Contest - 2007. Category: Birds - 2nd Place Award
- The Pilsner Urquell International Photography Awards - IPA 2008 - the series of photos "Macro-Impression 3" was awarded 3rd Place in category Nature/Flowers and other submitted images received in total "27" Honorable Mentions.
- The Polish Nature Photographers' Union Photographer of the Year Contest - 2008 (ZPFP Okreg Roztoczansko-Podkarpacki) - 2 photos received 1st Place Awards, 1 photo received 2nd Place Award, 1 photo and 1 series of 5 photos received 3rd Place Awards, 1 photo received Honorable Mention
- Tomasz has been honoured The Photographer of the Year 2008 Award (The Polish Nature Photographers' Union - ZPFP OR-P)
- The Pilsner Urquell International Photography Awards - IPA 2009 - The image "The Secret Sex of Weevils"" was awarded 2nd Place in category Special-Micro and other submitted images or series of images received in total "7" Honorable Mentions.
- 3rd German Open Circuit 2010 - The image: "The Cat in Red" was awarded German Open Medal
- Px3 - Prix de la Photographie Paris 2010 - 3 photos have received 2nd Place Awards in the following categories: Photojurnalism/Other, Fine Art/Architecture and Nature/Seasons.
- Px3 - Prix de la Photographie Paris 2011 - 1 photo has received the Bronze Medal in the category Fine Art/Portrait and 3 photos have received the Honorable Mentions.
- International Photography Awards - IPA 2011 - 32 photos have received the Honorable Mentions in different categories.
- Prix de la Photographie Paris 2012 (Px3):
~ First prize in the main category "Nature" - for a series of 5 images "Raven of Death Valley",
~ Gold medal in the category Nature/Other - for a series of 5 images "Raven of Death Valley",
~ Gold medal in the category Nature/Sunsets - for a series of 5 images "Mono Lake Sunset",
~ Bronze medal in the category Book Proposal/Other - for a series of 5 images "Portuguese Cistern - El Jadida"
~ Honorable Mention for a series of 5 images "Death Valley", also 2 other Honorable Mentions for above listed images.
- International Photography Awards - IPA 2012:
~ 2nd place in Nature - Sunset category for the entry "Mono Lake Sunset"
~ 2nd place in Book(Self-published) - Nature category for the entry "Red Rock Canyon"
~ 2nd place in Book(Self-published) - Other category for the entry "Antelope Canyon"
~ 3rd place in Book(Self-published) - Nature category for the entry "Valley of Fire"
~ 3rd place in Book(Self-published) - Other category for the entry "Valley of Fire"
~ 3rd place in Architecture - Historic category for the entry "Portuguese Cistern - El Jadida"
~ 27 Honorable Mentions for other photos and series of images.
- Prix de la Photographie Paris 2013 (Px3):
~ Bronze medal in Press - Travel/Tourism category for the series of 5 images " Impressions of San Francisco III"
My love of photography is focused on seizing transitory moments, moments that will never again repeat. I'm aimed at a creation from these moments my own very personal vision of a humanity. Through this vision I would like to share with you my particular way of looking at the world. My photographic goal is to share what I saw, what I felt, and what it means to me. I do hope that some of my images are not only aesthetically captivating, but also truly engaging and provoke a reaction with the viewer. I can not draw, I can not paint, but I can express my feelings and emotions, my creativity, with another wonderful medium, the digital photography.
I use digital technology since 2004. I was waiting for it for a long time - it was created and developed just for me. This technology gives to me the means which fit well to my personality and help me control an entire creation process, starting from the shooting, going through complex digital post processing and concluding in printing the image. I love it :)
I hand-print all images on Canon inkjet professional printers with the highest quality archival materials available to create art. I put an emphasis on highest possible quality and superior print longevity to be enjoyed for many years. The prints are signed, stamped and numbered sequentially regardless of size on the verso of the print. Each print print is accompanied by relevant Certificate of Authenticity.
I use the Nikon cameras with the Nikkor, Zeiss, Voigtlander, Rodenstock, Schneider-Kreuznach and Leica lenses.