|Tomasz Dziubinski - Photography | profile | all galleries >> About Tomasz Dziubinski||tree view | thumbnails | slideshow|
Tomasz Dziubinski is a Polish photographer who lives in Warsaw, Poland. Tomasz entered photography as a hobbyist in 1990. After over 20 years, it is more then just hobby, it is the greatest passion of his life. Tomasz is also a skilled and creative performer of Fractal Art.
Tomasz educational background includes Master's degree in Theoretical Mathematics from Lodz University. He was a senior assistant lecturer at Institute of Computer Science, Lodz Technical University, he worked as a management consultant, program & project manager and senior manager for IMPAC Management Systems, CSC Europe, Digital Equipment Corp., Compaq Computer and ATM S.A..
Recently he worked as Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer for Atende S.A., the Polish listed company operating at Information and Communication Technologies market sector.
Currently Tomasz works as an independent Senior Consultant, he is also a Council Member at GLG (Gerson Lehrman Group).
Tomasz Dziubinski is a member of The Polish Nature Photographers' Union (ZPFP) and several internnational photographic accociacions.
A portfolio websites of Tomasz containing his selected images as well as shopping cart can be found here: http://tdziubinski.pixels.com
Tomasz Dziubinski Photography website: http://www.pbase.com/smok53 - a Tomasz's home gallery containing 263 galleries and over 7650 images (2004 - 2018). The website has become quite popular. As of today (February 2018) this gallery has more than 14.5 million pageviews and over 86,000 viewers' comments.
- Tomasz landscape and architectural photographs were displayed in six group exhibitions "The Beauty of Roztocze region" in the following cities: Zamosc, Narol, Lubartow, Lublin, Zwierzyniec and Lutowiska.
- He participated in Semaine de la Photo group exhibition organised by Photo Club Pavillonais, France, 2007
- He participated in group exhibition "The Mysteries of Nature", Stalowa Wola, 2008.
- Tomasz presented his flower's photography at PTTK Gallery, Warsaw, 2008.
- Tomasz macro flower's photography was presented at Central Agricultural Library in Warsaw, 2009.
- Monochronatic Memmories - Landscape exhibition at PTTK Gallery, Warsaw, 2010.
- Retrospective exhibition at Museum of Sport and Tourism, Hala MOSiR, Lodz, 2010. The exhibition covers three different topics: "The Beauty of Flowers", "Monochromatic Memories - Landscape", "The Postcards from Warsaw".
- Retrospective exhibition at the "Korytarz Art gallery", The College of Tourisme and Hotel Management, Lodz, 2011
- Tomasz macro flower's photography and black & white landscapes were presented at "Gallery Przystanek" in Krasnobrod, 2011.
- Tomasz participated in a group exhibition "The Misteries of Nature" at the Centre of Ecological Education "Lasy Janowskie in Janow Lubelski, 2011
- Tomasz participated in a groupexhibition of the winning works of Prix de la Photographie Paris 2012 (Px3) at Espace Dupon Gallery in Paris, July 2012
- Tomasz participated in a group exhibition “Eyes On the World” at the Ponca City Art Center, OK, USA, September 2012
- Tomasz participated in a group exhibition „Roztocze and Subcarpathia Visions of Nature” - IX International Wildlife Photography Festival „Visions of Nature 2013”, Izabelin, November 2013
- Tomasz participated in a group exhibition 'Autumn in Polesie', a part of 'Poland - 10 years in EU' Exhibition, Castle Square, Lublin, May 2014
AWARDS & HONOURS
- The Polish Nature Photographers' Union Photographer of the Year Contest - 2007. Category: Birds - 2nd Place Award
- The Pilsner Urquell International Photography Awards - IPA 2008 - the series of photos "Macro-Impression 3" was awarded 3rd Place in category Nature/Flowers and other submitted images received in total "27" Honorable Mentions.
- The Polish Nature Photographers' Union Photographer of the Year Contest - 2008 (ZPFP Okreg Roztoczansko-Podkarpacki) - 2 photos received 1st Place Awards, 1 photo received 2nd Place Award, 1 photo and 1 series of 5 photos received 3rd Place Awards, 1 photo received Honorable Mention
- Tomasz has been honoured The Photographer of the Year 2008 Award (The Polish Nature Photographers' Union - ZPFP OR-P)
- The Pilsner Urquell International Photography Awards - IPA 2009 - The image "The Secret Sex of Weevils"" was awarded 2nd Place in category Special-Micro and other submitted images or series of images received in total "7" Honorable Mentions.
- 3rd German Open Circuit 2010 - The image: "The Cat in Red" was awarded German Open Medal
- Px3 - Prix de la Photographie Paris 2010 - 3 photos have received 2nd Place Awards in the following categories: Photojurnalism/Other, Fine Art/Architecture and Nature/Seasons.
- Px3 - Prix de la Photographie Paris 2011 - 1 photo has received the Bronze Medal in the category Fine Art/Portrait and 3 photos have received the Honorable Mentions.
- International Photography Awards - IPA 2011 - 32 photos have received the Honorable Mentions in different categories.
- Prix de la Photographie Paris 2012 (Px3):
~ First prize in the main category "Nature" - for a series of 5 images "Raven of Death Valley",
~ Gold medal in the category Nature/Other - for a series of 5 images "Raven of Death Valley",
~ Gold medal in the category Nature/Sunsets - for a series of 5 images "Mono Lake Sunset",
~ Bronze medal in the category Book Proposal/Other - for a series of 5 images "Portuguese Cistern - El Jadida"
~ Honorable Mention for a series of 5 images "Death Valley", also 2 other Honorable Mentions for above listed images.
- International Photography Awards - IPA 2012:
~ 2nd place in Nature - Sunset category for the entry "Mono Lake Sunset"
~ 2nd place in Book(Self-published) - Nature category for the entry "Red Rock Canyon"
~ 2nd place in Book(Self-published) - Other category for the entry "Antelope Canyon"
~ 3rd place in Book(Self-published) - Nature category for the entry "Valley of Fire"
~ 3rd place in Book(Self-published) - Other category for the entry "Valley of Fire"
~ 3rd place in Architecture - Historic category for the entry "Portuguese Cistern - El Jadida"
~ 27 Honorable Mentions for other photos and series of images.
- Prix de la Photographie Paris 2013 (Px3):
~ Bronze medal in Press - Travel/Tourism category for the series of 5 images "Impressions of San Francisco III"
- International Photography Awards - IPA 2013:
~ 6 Honotable Mentions for series of 5 images "Impressions of San Francisco III"
~ 5 Honotable Mentions for series of 5 images "View from Above"
- 9th Annual "Black and White Spider Awards" - 2014:
~ First Price - Outstanding Achievement for photograph "End of Session" in category Fashion
~ 7 other of my pictures were in the final of the competition (Nominees) in categories Wildlife, Fine Art, Portrait, Nude and Still Life
My love of photography is focused on seizing transitory moments, moments that will never again repeat. I'm aimed at a creation from these moments my own very personal vision of a world and humanity. Through this vision I would like to share with you my particular way of looking at the world. My photographic goal is to share what I saw, what I felt, and what it means to me. I do hope that some of my images are not only aesthetically captivating, but also truly engaging and provoke a reaction with the viewer. I can not draw, I can not paint, but I can express my feelings and emotions, my creativity, with another wonderful medium, the craft and art of photography.
I use digital technology since 2004. I was waiting for it for a long time - it was created and developed just for me. This technology gives to me the means which fit well to my personality and help me control an entire creation process, starting from the shooting, going through complex digital post processing and concluding in printing the image. And I love it :)
I used to hand-print all images on inkjet professional printers with the highest quality archival materials available to create art. I put an emphasis on highest possible quality and superior print longevity to be enjoyed for many years. The prints are signed, stamped and numbered sequentially. Each print print is accompanied by relevant Certificate of Authenticity.
Recently I began to utilize Lambda C-Type Print (Laser Photo) - the photographic technology taken to a state of perfection. Lambda C-Type photographic technology has taken over from the traditional photographic process and uses lasers to expose images on to photosensitive materials. The photosensitive material is then internally "wet" processed in the same manner as traditional photography. Lambda printing gives true continuous tone, ultra sharp photographic images with crisp and precise edge to edge printing and absolutely no distortion. Because it is real photo paper, prints have the tactile look and feel of a traditional photograph but with all the benefits of digital control. Of course, this technique ensures durability of prints identical to the traditional analogue photography.
I use the Nikon cameras with the Nikkor, Zeiss, Voigtlander, Rodenstock, Schneider-Kreuznach and Leica R lenses.