This chapel is used by the Ursuline nuns' and also by the students of Ursuline Academy. Before the 1960's this chapel was part of the cloister of the Ursuline Convent. This third Convent and Academy in New Orleans was built in the early 1900's. The Ursuline nuns came to New Orleans from France in 1727 to establish a military hospital, an orphanage and a girls' school. It is the oldest girls' school in the United States.