St. Brendan's Catholic Church was erected in 1891. Overlooking the St. Lawrence from a high rock,
the church is named for the 6th century monk, St. Brendan, who is the patron saint of seafaring people.
On a Sunday in June, each year, boats gather in front of St. Brendan’s for a “Blessing of the boats” by the parish priest.
The church property was originally donated by Charles Cornwall. In 1919, the "Queen Of Peace" monument was dedicated to the memory of Mr. Charles Cornwall (owner of what is now The Boathouse Country Inn and Cornwall Pub) by his second wife, Mrs. L. Cornwall, located on the highest point of their property, adjacent to the Catholic church.