Jesus, you rise from the dead; help me to believe in you.
1) Towards dawn after the Sabbath, the women went to visit the sepulchre. All at once there was a violent earthquake, for the angel of the Lord came and rolled away the stone.
2) His face was like lightning, his robe white as snow. The guards were so frightened they were like dead men.
3) The angel spoke to the women, "There is no need for you to be afraid. I know you are looking for Jesus who was crucified. He is not here."
4) He has risen, as He said He would. Come and see the place where He lay, then go quickly and tell His disciples."
5) Filled with awe and great joy, the women ran to tell the disciples. But there, coming to meet them was Jesus, and the women fell down before Him.
6) The apostles did not at first believe the news. Then, while locked into a private room, Jesus appeared in the midst of them saying, "Peace be with you."
7) To prove He was no ghost He showed them His hands, His feet and His side. Their joy was so great that they still could not believe it, and they stood there dumbfounded.
8) Eight days later Jesus showed Himself again, saying to Thomas, "Doubt no longer but believe." Thomas replied, "My Lord and my God." "You believe because you can see me; happy are those who have not seen and yet believe."
9) You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn to joy. For I shall see you again and your hearts will be full of joy.
10) I am the resurrection and the life. If anyone believes in me, even though he dies, he will live.