An early morning view of the former Virginian Railway shop complex in Princeton, West Virginia. The Princeton Shops served as the Virginian's primary maintenance and repair facility. Both locomotives and cars were serviced and repaired here, with some freight cars and cabooses even being built in Princeton. The shops continued to function in various capacities after the Virginian's merger with the N&W in 1959. The facility remained active throughout the N&W era and even under Norfolk Southern for a period of time. However the complex eventually fell silent and the primary shop building seen in this photo was demolished in November 2006.