The new Contemporary Jewish Museum opened this new building in downtown San Francisco on June 8, 2008.
Architect Daniel Libeskind converted the landmark 1907 Jessie Street Power Substation into a bright and airy museum.
The design features this blue stainless steel cube cutting through the old structure, in a manner similar to his expansion of the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM).
Copyrighted © 2003 - 2017 by Peter Kwok. Images may not be reproduced for commercial purpose without written permission.