photo sharing and upload picture albums photo forums search pictures popular photos photography help login
Paul L. Gleiser | profile | all galleries >> The Old Red Courthouse - Dallas County, Texas tree view | thumbnails | slideshow

The Old Red Courthouse - Dallas County, Texas

  

Dallas' Old Red Courthouse is a Romanesque Revival structure that was built in 1893. It is the fifth courthouse to occupy a site just east of the Trinity River where John Neely Bryan established a trading post that would become the City of Dallas. The courthouse originally featured a clock tower. Thought to be unstable and in danger of structural failure, it was removed in 1919. The building looked incomplete until 2007, when a new clock tower was completed. "Old Red" was used as a courthouse until late in the 20th century. It has since been emptied, gutted and renovated for use as a Dallas County Historical Museum and as home of the Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau.

1207d-1231-0045
1207d-1231-0045
1207d-1231-0065.jpg
1207d-1231-0065.jpg
1207d-1231-0156.jpg
1207d-1231-0156.jpg
1207d-1231-0027.jpg
1207d-1231-0027.jpg
0208d-0208-0091.jpg
0208d-0208-0091.jpg
0208d-0208-0118-a.jpg
0208d-0208-0118-a.jpg