Dallas' Old Red Courthouse. This Romanesque Revival structure was built in 1893 and is the fifth courthouse to occupy the site. It was used as a courthouse until late in the 20th century. It has since been emptied and gutted and is undergoing renovation for use as a Dallas County Historical Museum and as home of the Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau. The statue of George Bannerman Dealey, founder of The Dallas Morning News, looks at "Old Red" and the Bank of America Plaza tower from the statue's location at Dealey Plaza.