This fine Perpendicular Church (1380- 1480) occupies a very historic site in the Parish, and is the fourth Church known to have been built here. A coin. dating from the reign of Emperor Domitain (A.D. 81-96) was found in the Churchyard and nearby are the remains of a Roman Villa. In fact, bricks from the Roman Villa were used as masonry in the construction of the Church Tower. The earliest reference to a Church comes from the Will of King Alfred (c.900.A.D) who left money to it and also to the Monastery at Cheddar.