Mission San Francisco de Asis, better known as Mission Dolores, was founded in June of 1776.
The current mission complex consists of the whitewashed adobe chapel (c. 1791) that survived
the devastating 1906 earthquake and fire, a small remnant of the original cemetery, and the
basilica next door where most of the services are held. The stained glass windows in the photos
are on the north and south sides of the basilica, commemorating the founding of the California
missions in the period between 1769 and 1823. . . .