|Message from Dick Keely
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY GALLERIES!
- My main photographic interests are nature, travel and people, but I also take pictures of anything that catches my eye.
- Feel free to comment and vote for images or galleries that you like.
- Constructive feedback, comments and votes are always welcome and interesting!
PHOTOGRAPHY QUOTES - my favourites:
1. "Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography" George Eastman
2. "A good picture is equivalent to a good deed" Vincent Van Gogh
3. "The negative is comparable to the composer's score and the print to its performance. Each performance differs in subtle ways" Ansel Adams
4. "The camera sees everything and perceives nothing. The untrained eye perceives everything and sees nothing. Photographers work somewhere in between" Anonymous
5. "Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst" Henri Cartier-Bresson
6. "Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just take pictures" Vernon Trent
7. "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs" Ansel Adams
8. "The trouble is not that photographs are hard to make but that they are hard to make intelligent and interesting" John Szarkowski
9. "The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking" ... Brooks Anderson
10. "The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" ... Dorothea Lange
11. "The mission of photography is to explain man to man and each man to himself" ... Edward Steichen
12. "There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are" ... Ernst Haas
13. "A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know" ... Diane Arbus
14. "I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything"... John Steinbeck
15. “Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame” ... G. K. Chesterton
16. "I drifted into photography like one drifts into prostitution. First I did it to please myself, then I did it to please my friends, and eventually I did it for the money" ... Philippe Halsman
17. "Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever. . . it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything" ... Aaron Sussman
18. "There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer" ... Ansel Adams
19. "Results are uncertain even among the more experienced photographers" Matthew Brady
20. "I began to realize that the camera sees the world differently than the human eye and that sometimes those differences can make a photograph more powerful than what you actually observed" ... Galen Rowell
21. "You don't take a photograph, you make it" ... Ansel Adams
Visited 66 countries (29%)
Create your own visited country map
Visited 35 countries (68%)
create your personalized map of europe
visited 47 states (94%)
Create your own visited map of The United States