The Immaculate Heart of Mary Orphan's Home was founded in 1895 by the Felician Sisters from St. Stanislaus Church, Buffalo. They acquired land at 2600 William Street, Cheektowaga and built the orphanage.
In 1942, the name was changed to the Immaculate Heart of Mary Children's Home. At one point, it housed and cared for over 400 children. The last child was admitted in March of 1979, and the facility closed in 1983.
Due to arson fires in 1989 and 1992, the complex was demolished in 1992.