The Edward M. Cotter has been Buffalo's fireboat for over one hundred years, having been built in 1900. It was originally named the William S. Grattan. In 1928, it was fighting a fire involving an oil barge, which exploded, and burned the Grattan to the hull. It was rebuilt, and remains active today. It is docked on the Buffalo River, near the intersection of Michigan and Ohio. Views can be had by walking out on the Michigan Avenue lift bridge.