photo sharing and upload picture albums photo forums search pictures popular photos photography help login
James V. Roy | all galleries >> Merrimack Valley Theaters >> Lowell Theaters >> Colonial Theatre > The Odd Fellows Bldg.
previous | next
The Odd Fellows Bldg.
c. 1900 courtesy Ctr. for Lowell History

The Odd Fellows Bldg.

Lowell, MA

The Odd Fellows block at 78-90 Middlesex Street was built in 1894. The Odd Fellows were a fraternal organization that started in 17th century England and named that as a result of the rarity to find an organization of people whose purpose was giving aid to people and pursuing projects for the benevolence of all mankind. The Lowell Chapter was originally located on Merrimack St. in 1829.
In 1916, the space to the left of this building would eventually be occupied by the Crown Theater.


other sizes: small medium original
previous | next
share