The Wildermuth House is a historical home once own by John H. Wildermuth located along the old Campo Seco Road. Stonemason William A. Watt built the home in 1861. The sandstone blocks were cut from a local sandstone outcrop near the home site. The sandstone was used to build other structures and fence at the home site. Travelers and miners on the old Camp Seco Road often rested at the Wildermuth Home
Today the Wildermuth House is protected and preserved by East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD). Visitors are welcome to visit and several times during the year, the home is open to tours and information.