Church of Our Lady before Týn (Chrám Matky Boží před Týnem) One of the most impressive Gothic religious buildings in Prague, it was built from the mid-14th to the early 16th centuries. At the end of the 17th century, the interior was reworked in Baroque style. The cathedral serves as an extensive gallery of Gothic, Renaissance and Early Baroque works, the most interesting of which include altar paintings by Karel Škréta and the tomb of the astronomer Tycho Brahe. The organ, dating from 1673, is the oldest in Prague. As early as in the 11th century, there used to be an older Romanic church in this place. It was a hospital church for foreign merchants coming to Ungelt. In the second half of the 13th century, it was replaced by early-Gothic building, about two-thirds smaller than today’s church. This was where Konrad Waldhauser and Milíč of Kroměříž used to preach their criticism of church morale until their death. The present high-Gothic church was established in the mid-14th century, with a function of the main Old Town church and also a parish church. As the new church was being built, the old church gradually disappeared. The construction was greatly influenced by the royal smelting plant of Matthias of Arras and namely Petr Parléř. Parléř is mostly commemorated by a richly decorated front window, which is 38 m high, traceries of window in the main aisle, the chancel, and the magnificent Northern portal. In the beginning of the 15th century, only the towers, the gable, and the truss were missing. During the Hussite era, the Týn church came under the control of a group of Hus’ followers lead by Jakoubek of Stříbro, and in 1427, the elected Hussite archbishop Jan Rokycana was a parson here, who is also buried here.