This wonder was designed by Pedro Machuca and runs it in 1545 Nicolao da Court. It is curious that it was built by don Luis Hurtado de Mendoza, third count of Tendilla and second Marquis of Mondejar, forming part of the series of buildings dedicated to Carlos V (along with the Puerta de las Granadas and the Palace of Charles V).Pillar of Charles V.Its dimensions of 11 meters long by 6 meters high, with a Renaissance decoration of an excellent taste. Starting with the area of the battery are three panels with masks as suppliers, the most characteristic of the monument, decorated with mieses and pins, vines and Pompano, and flowers and fruits respectively. The most correct theory is that sets these items relate to the three rivers of Granada: Beiro, Darro and Genil. Separate them small pilasters with decoration of grenades at two plants, and the coat of arms of the House of Mendoza at the ends.