The church of Notre-Dame-des-Champs is a church located boulevard du Montparnasse , in the 6 th arrondissement of Paris .
The architecture of the present church is inspired by Romanesque . Its construction was entrusted to Leo Ginain . The first stone was laid on 17 March 1867 , and eight years later, 31 October 1876 , the church received his blessing.
The statue of the Madonna , which is above the altar of the Virgin, is the Child Jesus taking on her head a crown of thorns.