The Lycée Henri-Iv is a public secondary school located in Paris. Along with Louis-le-Grand it is widely regarded as one of the most demanding sixth-form colleges (lycées) in France.
The school has more than 2,500 pupils from collège (the first four years of secondary education in France) to classes préparatoires (classes to prepare students for entrance to the elite Grandes écoles).
Its motto is "Domus Omnibus Una" ("One House For All").
Lycée Henri-IV is located in the former royal Abbey of St Genevieve, in the heart of the Latin Quarter on the left bank of the river Seine, near the Panthéon, the church Saint-Étienne-du-Mont, and the rue Mouffetard. Rich in history, architecture, and culture, the Latin Quarter encompasses France's oldest and the most prestigious educational establishments: the École Normale Supérieure, the Sorbonne, the Collège de France and the Lycée Louis-le-Grand.
The abbey was first established in 506; it flourished as a consequence of royal patronage, becoming an integral part of the Sorbonne and housing a great library. The abbey was suppressed during the French Revolution and, in October 1796, the site became the École Centrale du Panthéon, the first of many public schools in France. The lycée has changed its name several times since its inception – École Centrale du Panthéon (1794–1804); Lycée Napoléon (1804–1815); Collège Henri IV,(1815–1848); Lycée Napoléon (1848–1870) and Lycée Corneille (1870–1872) – before its current name was settled on in 1973.