The Franciscan Church dedicated to the Annunciation was built between 1637 and 1655 as the biggest temple in Zamosc (56-meter long and 29-meter wide).
It was reputedly one of the largest and most beautiful Baroque churches in the country.
In 1784, the Austrian Empire abolished the Franciscan order, the church lost its sacral function for many years.
It was converted to a hospital, an arms depot under the Russians, a museum and cinema between the two world wars, and an art college after WWII.
In 1895 the top was demolished, the whole building was made lower.
In 1993 the church was given back to the Franciscans and serves as a church again.